KANGAR, Jun 24: A spate of vandalisation of private properties here has Perlis PAS sounding a warning of attempts to paint a negative image on the electoral reforms rally planned in Kuala Lumpur on July 9.
In one incident, vandals spray-painted the word “Bersih 2.0” on a Toyota Camry car parked near a supermarket here, while a wall nearby was painted “Joint Bersih 2.0” [sic] in large letters.
A stone’s throw away, another wall was sprayed with the graffiti “Hidup PAS” (“Long Live PAS”).
Perlis PAS, saying the party’s supporters were not behind such acts of vandalism, cautioned against attempts to create tension among people in the state.
State PAS deputy commissioner Azmir Azizan described the acts as “provocations”.
“This kind of acts could be the work of some mischievous children or quarters encouraged by certain organisations, and are part of attempts to portray Bersih negatively and sow the seeds of hatred among the public.
“Perlis PAS is not involved in such acts and the PAS leadership will never allow its members to carry out such silly and uncivilised actions,” he said.
Azmir (left) called on those attempting to create provocations to stop doing so, saying the people were clear on the objectives of Bersih.
“We advise these agent provocateurs to stop their extreme acts. The more you provoke, the more people will be coming to Kuala Lumpur on July 9.
“Bersih is a peaceful assembly with the noble aim of demanding fair elections,” he added.
Truth Cannot Be Covered
- Allahyarham Baharuddin Ahmad - U did not die in vain. The late Baharudin Ahmad, who passed away in the midst of yesterday's police assault on the Bersih 2.0 rally in the heart of Kuala Lumpur yesterday, was buried at 12.55pm today at Lembah Keramat Muslim cemetery in Taman Seri Keramat Tengah, Kuala Lumpur. YOU CAN HELP HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Aliran (3)
- AlJazeera (4)
- Amnesty International (1)
- AsiaSentinel (1)
- Blogs (78)
- Cartoon (2)
- Diamond Ring (1)
- Egypt (1)
- Egypt – An Example ? (2)
- Election Promise (5)
- Electoral Hard Evidence (59)
- Foreign Observers (1)
- FreeMalaysiaToday (14)
- GE 13 (2)
- HarakahDaily (7)
- Hospital (8)
- Human Rights Watch (1)
- Instant Citizen (1)
- International News (50)
- MalaysiaChronicle (34)
- MalaysiaKini News (93)
- MalaysianBar (2)
- MalaysiaToday (23)
- OsloFreedom (1)
- Penang CM (1)
- Pictures (9)
- Postal Votes (6)
- SarawakReport (2)
- TheMalaysianInsider (2)
- TindakMalaysia (1)
- Too Real (8)
- Truth Must Be Known (1)
- TV MalaysiaKini (35)
- TV MediaRaykat (10)
- TV Selangor (1)
- TVSelangor (1)
- Uncategorized (22)
- United Nations (1)
- Video (84)
- Wikipedia (2)
- 'phantom voter centre' AFP Agent Provocateur Aliran AlJazeeraEnglish Ambiga AmnestyInternational ArtHarun BBC Book Boston.com Brig Gen Arshad Raji Brutality ChannelNewsAsia Cheat Corruption CSMonitor EC Economist Egypt Police Electoral Reform EO 6 EuroNews Evidence For EC FreeMalaysiaToday GlobalVoicesOnline GreatMalaysian Guardian HarakahDaily HarrisIbrahim Hero Iklas - Believable? Indelible Ink IndianExpress Instant Citizen Lie Again MalaysiaChronicle MalaysiaKini News MalaysianBar MalaysiaToday Mariam Mokhtar Masterwordsmith MatSabu MCMC MediaRakyatTV Melbourne Mubarak NRD PakSamadSaid Picture Pictures Postal Vote Project M Project N PSM 6 Queen Queen Elizabeth Ring StraitsTimes SydneyMorningHerald Telegraph TheEpochTimes TheJakartaGlobe TheJakartaPost ThePhilippineStar Thugs TindakMalaysia TungShinHospital UNHCR University of Exeter VancouverSun Video WSJ XinHuaNet Zunar
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- 4yrs+2days ago historic #GE13. All overseas M'sians could vote! HubertLim spent A$500 Canberra->Perth; his ballot '… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- Ambil perhatian, penyokong #BERSIH 2.0. Langkah SPR terkini yg menghalang daftar pemilih yg bersih… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Every 5 years we get to vote in the govt we want. #Ucampaign Vote for fair opportunities for our children #Malaysia… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- #BERSIH 2.0 supporters! Mark this move by the EC that enables a dirty electoral roll! #phantomvoters #GE14… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- #PRU14 makin dekat. Bersedia utk undi kerajaan yg anda mahu? #KempenU Undi utk kerajaan yg adil, tdk salahguna kuas… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- What to do if your registration as a voter has been objected to bersih.org/what-to-do-if-… https://t.co/yLL8yDH0hy 1 day ago
- GE14 is coming soon. Are you ready to cast your vote? #Ucampaign Vote for a strong checks&balances in governance… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- .@NajibRazak tells #ASEAN entrepreneurs uneven growth fuels extremism, instability. Can keep straight face w. #MO1? themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/artic… 1 day ago
- .@mariachin: Sabah barring @tonypua's entry infringes his constitutional right, freedom of movement themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/artic… 1 day ago
- #BERSIH 2.0 chair @mariachin 's statement when contacted by MMO on Sabah govt barring MP Tony Pua from the state themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/artic… 1 day ago